The Impact of Your Gifts
Since 2000, your gifts have funded more than $50 million* in transformational programs and research. This funding has had a significant impact on the careers of researchers and health care providers who study and treat liver disease.
It has pushed the boundaries of what’s possible in the world of liver disease research and care.
Meet our Awardees
Meet our award recipients
- AASLD Foundation invested over $2.2 million in Research and Career Development Awards, Abstract Awards, and its Emerging Liver Scholars (ELS) Program this year.
- The 2020 award recipients — selected from a highly competitive applicant pool — demonstrate both exceptional aptitude and deep interest in liver disease research and treatment. Their work will further advance the mission of the Foundation and hepatology as a medical specialty.
This year’s funding enables:
- 24 researchers and clinicians to conduct innovative liver disease research and seek advanced hepatology training through Research and Career Development Awards. Meet our awardees.
- 61 young investigators to receive Abstract Awards, which recognize their scientific excellence and promote professional development through an opportunity to present their research to a large, global audience at AASLD’s annual meeting, The Liver Meeting®. Meet our Abstract Award recipients.
- 20 residents who have the potential for a career in academic medicine and who have not yet determined their long-term career goals an opportunity for learning, mentorship, and networking opportunities through the ELS Program, which encourages and welcomes future medical changemakers into the field of hepatology. Meet our Emerging Liver Scholars.
See our researchers in action
With support from generous donors, AASLD Foundation proudly invests in innovative hepatology research and in the people, who study and treat liver diseases. At the core of our work are the talented researchers and clinicians who work tirelessly to find better treatments and more cures for liver diseases. Read more about our researchers and consider sharing your own research story with us.
Meet the residents in our Emerging Liver Scholars program
One of our best opportunities in finding tomorrow’s cures lies in the hands of the next generation of hepatology researchers and clinicians. Through our Emerging Liver Scholars Program, we began nurturing the interest in – and ability to have – a career in hepatology right as the best and brightest enter residency.
Learn how we are educating front-line health care providers
As the need for liver disease treatment, care and prevention continues to grow, so does the need for a well-versed multi-disciplinary care team. Front-line health care professionals are often the first to see liver disease patients in their clinics. It is important for these professionals to understand the fundamentals of liver disease to better help them diagnose, treat and refer (when appropriate) to hepatology.
Through our Fundamentals of Liver Disease program, AASLD Foundation provides free, CME- and CE-accredited online education to these valuable front-line health professionals to ensure early diagnosis and treatment for people with liver disease.
Contact the Foundation if you are interested in learning more about the impact of your donations.
* AASLD and AASLD Foundation funding since 2000