AASLD Foundation is a charitable organization that invests in innovative hepatology research and in the people who study and treat liver disease.
We firmly believe that tomorrow's cures for liver disease need funding today, and we are dedicated to leading the way - with our generous supporters and talented researchers and clinicians - toward finding those cures.
As the largest private supporter of hepatology research and career development in the United States, the Foundation fills the void between bright, talented researchers and clinicians and the financial resources needed to:
- Encourage their discovery
- Keep pace with the need for more physicians and health care professionals trained to provide care for patients with liver disease
- Share cutting-edge hepatology knowledge with physicians worldwide
We are the official Foundation of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases – the leading organization of scientists and health care professionals committed to preventing and curing liver disease. Together with AASLD, we share a vision to prevent and cure liver disease.
Building on AASLD’s reputation and expertise, we are committed to expanding patient care options and exploring innovative liver disease research. We are governed by our Foundation Board of Trustees and several committees dedicated to guiding our programs.
- We seek to save lives by aggressively pursuing the prevention and ultimate cure of liver disease.
- We aim to inspire the next generation of hepatologists by supporting innovative research and connecting young investigators to essential training resources that they otherwise would not be able to attain.
- We are committed to ensuring frontline health care professionals have the fundamental tools and education they need to diagnose, treat and refer liver disease.
The AASLD Foundation is tax-exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions made to the AASLD Foundation are deductible charitable contributions to the extent permitted by 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.