View, download and share our case for support
- View our case for support online
- Download our full case for support [PDF]
- Download a brief brochure about the campaign [PDF]
Meet our Awardees
Meet our award recipients
- AASLD Foundation committed $3.42 million in funding for the 2019 Research and Career Development Awards. Meet the 2019 recipients.
- This year, AASLD Foundation invested an additional $175,000 in Travel Awards and Emerging Liver Scholars Awards. These provide resources for promising early-career investigators to attend The Liver Meeting® and present their work to an international audience, as well as providing vital mentoring opportunities. Meet the Travel Award recipients.
See our researchers in action
With support from generous donors, AASLD Foundation proudly invests in innovative hepatology research and in the people, who study and treat liver diseases. At the core of our work are the talented researchers and clinicians who work tirelessly to find better treatments and more cures for liver diseases. Read more about our researchers and consider sharing your own research story with us.
Meet the residents in our Emerging Liver Scholars program
One of our best opportunities in finding tomorrow’s cures lies in the hands of the next generation of hepatology researchers and clinicians. Through our Emerging Liver Scholars Program, we began nurturing the interest in – and ability to have – a career in hepatology right as the best and brightest enter residency.
In 2019, the program is hosting 40 young physicians at The Liver Meeting® where they will network with each other and benefit time with an AASLD member/mentor from their institutions. One of the most exciting demonstrations of success for this program: six former Emerging Liver Scholars have been awarded AASLD Foundation funding during the 2019 Awards cycle.
Learn how we are educating front-line health care providers
As the need for liver disease treatment, care and prevention continues to grow, so does the need for a well-versed multi-disciplinary care team. Front-line health care professionals are often the first to see liver disease patients in their clinics. It is important for these professionals to understand the fundamentals of liver disease to better help them diagnose, treat and refer (when appropriate) to hepatology.
Through our Fundamentals of Liver Disease program, AASLD Foundation provides free, CME- and CE-accredited online education to these valuable front-line health professionals to ensure early diagnosis and treatment for people with liver disease.
Contact the Foundation if you are interested in learning more about the impact of your campaign donations.